Monday, May 18, 2009

Introducing the Founder of Ymm!- Alyreche Warwick


My name is Alyreche Warwick and besides my name, I find myself to be very unique young woman. Like some, I do have dreams and aspirations that I set for myself to achieve and YMM is one of them. As a mom, daughter, sister, friend and founder/creator of YMM, I plan on making my mark in this lifetime. I have two children by the name of Rafael 8, and Dilynn 5. They keep me very busy and grounded. I strive for the best or close to it because of my son and daughter. I am in school right now finishing my Bachelors program with Briarcliffe College and I hope to take that far in detail with a promising career in Business or even invest in several.

I take risks and in life it’s about that because there is always a chance. I am a person that loves to express myself if not with fashion definitely through my writing. I have been writing short stories and poetry ever since I could hold a pencil. I plan to publish them so the whole world can see through my eyes. My main story I am writing now is called “Another Man’s Trash is Another Man’s Treasure which identifies my loves life and obstacles through patterns of love to my adulthood. Maybe it’s narcissistic, but I thought it would be a good chance for me to think back and reflect, introspect, and remember both the good and the bad things that happened to me throughout my life.

I could then maybe figure out what went right in some cases and what went horribly wrong. But I told myself I would save this personal task until I was older and also until I had enough stories and experiences to share and write about. I started a column called “Hood Chronicles Volumes 1-10 which became a local trend on myspace.com and convention magazine.com. The feedback I received was phenomenal and amazing because people saw my vision of the local neighborhood we lived in and tuned in every month for a new column to take place.

I find in my writings that my characters are better left anonymous and honest. This talent I have is a gift and a curse being that I go through all these stages myself questioning things that I go through. Of course, everything we choose in life has its own pro's and con's. I consider myself an outlaw in this world and no one can touch me when it comes to my writing. It is my window of expression; my testimony.

My favorite authors who inspire me are Stephen King, Virginia Woolf, and of course the queen of poetry, Maya Angelou. They are my stepping stones to where I want to be. I hope to accomplish just as much if not more than they have in their careers. Virginia Woolf once said she examines women and their struggles as artists, their position in literary history and their need for independence, well I feel like she is describing me. She proved to be an innovative and influential author in the 20th century.

In some of her novels she moves away from the use of plot and structure to employ stream of consciousness to emphasize the psychological aspects of her character. As I said before, Window of Expression. I hope for amazing results with YMM and to one day look back on this accomplishment that I and my two friends/partners decided on. This is one door I am keeping open and I hope many more walk through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment