Today we have to keep our children interested and by that I mean “Sitting Still”. I know it gets hard and sometimes overwhelming at night or nap time but there are books that entertain our children’s needs. As Rafael and Dilynn grew up I knew what interested them, I changed my routine/methods of story time. I gave them something they could relate to. We all want to raise kids with respect for individuals of different races, cultures, and religions. So now I read books that “Share” common human experiences with them.
Kids need to get caught up in a tale that’s involves characters that can relate to them regardless of a different race or economic class. Through Parents magazine I received the window of knowledge into the small world of voice.
Great Books that are the Best for Our Little Minds!
Baby Says by: John Steptoe
More More More, Said the baby by: Vera Williams
Global Babies by: Global Fund for Children
Pio! Peep Traditional Spanish Nursery Rhymes by: Alma Flor Ada and F. Isabel CampoyIf you want to introduce a child to diverse experience, I feel these books are a good start. As a mother of two mixed cultural kids, they can learn about their heritage and other heritages through these types of books. This can happen intuitively and intimately.
Ymm – Alyreche Warwick
Ymm – Alyreche Warwick


No comments:
Post a Comment