Saturday, March 26, 2011

Q&A with jewerly designer Verna Fogg

Jewelry designer Verna Fogg
(Photo credit: Taj Washington)

This weeks interview is with the exquisite jewelry designer Verna Fogg for Vina Amor . I seen her collection through a website and knew I just had to interview her for Global Runway. Her collection is unique and extremely beautiful. The pieces are definitely one of a kind. I had the privilege of interviewing Verna and talk about how Vina Amor came about.
Check out the interview below!
1. Tell us a little bit about yourself. Where are you from? How did you first start designing your collection Vina Amor?
Verna Fogg is Brooklyn, NY born and raised designer of Vina Amor Jewelry.
 "For years of being very artistic, drawing has always been a passion I have been very fond of."
From the drawing came the passion to design clothing and accessories. I would always buy clothing whether it's a shirt or some jeans and recreate a new style for them. Same with the jewelry. I've had some eye catching pieces that people will stop me and ask where I've gotten them at. Once I started having some clients I decided to make it a business.

ANTM Jasleen Gonzalez in Fire earrings

 2. Were you always interested in making jewelry?
 I was never interested in making jewelry until I saw I was getting recognition for certain pieces I was making. One thing I can say is that I am very glad I fell into it.

Designers Verna Fogg of Vina Amor and Eyewear designers Coco && Breezy
(photo credit: Taj Washington)

3. Describe your signature aesthetic for Vina Amor.
My signature aesthetic for Vina Amor is "limitless"...I try to make each piece have it's own identity. I make it my best not to copy the likes of any other designers.

Rocsi from 106&Park in Zenith earrings

4. What inspires you when you make your collections?
 When it comes to making my pieces I am inspired the most by my feelings. Sounds weird but mostly by anger. One time I dropped a mirror by accident and as I looked at the shattered glass on my floor and gave me the idea to create my Picasso collections.

Designer Verna Fogg and Stylist Ty Hunter
(photo credit: Taj Washington)

5. Is there a piece of jewelry you love or wear everyday?
 My earrings from the Picasso collection is what I mostley wear all time. They are very eye catching and I get so many compliments.

Left to right: Picasso and Picasso 3 earrings from her Vina Amor collection.

6. I know your jewelry has been worn by Dawn Richards of Diddy Dirty Money, ANTM Eva Pigfor and Jasleen Gonzalez, and Host from 106&Park Rocsi. Anybody else you hope to see your designs on one day?
It definitely is a good moment having celebrities in your jewelry but if there is anyone I want to see in my jewelry it will be Madonna. I just love her!

Tionna Smalls from 'What Chille Wants' in Glamour ring

7. Any new projects on the horizon?
I have many new projects in the works right now but I will have to keep that locked up right now. But one thing I am about to launch is my YouTube page where you can go behind the scenes with me and my jewelry. I will have some tutorials on how to help people create there own styles of jewelry and interviews. One thing I do get is a lot of emails from up and coming designers asking about how and where about do many ins and outs about designing. My YouTube channel can help.

Melanie Fiona is Face Off ring

8. Lastly, where can people go to shop for your jewelry?
To buy my pieces you can log on to http://www.vinaamor.com/


To get updated on the latest on Vina Amor follow her on Twitter and Facebook! :)
Facebook (search Verna Fogg)

- SC xx

No comments:

Post a Comment