Sunday, August 8, 2010

Ymm Creative Director Karina Hill inspires the Youth!

On Wednesday Aug 4, 2010; Ymm creative director Karina Hill was invited to speak at the Martin Luther King Summer Camp located in Rockville Centre NY, to encourage the children (ages 6-8) to follow their dreams. She was honored to be selected for such an inspirational task by Head Counselor ─Melody Carper. Carper displays a precise vision of a Young Mom in Motion ─ she’s a mother of 3, Fashion Stylist of “MeMo Inc”, Head Counselor at MLK summer Camp and will be transitioning to Program Director in the Fall of 2010. Karina exclaimed "that the experience was a memorable one and that the children were receptive and eager to learn". Below is an actual outline along with a slideshow of what Hill discussed with the MLK summer camp. She was enthused by the infamous "I have a Dream" speech. Karina Hill would like to thank MLK summer camp for inviting her to share her "4 steps to reaching your dreams".


Follow Your Dreams:

Good Afternoon Martin Luther King Summer Camp, my name is Karina Hill and I would like to talk to you about “4 STEPS TO REACHING YOUR DREAMS! How many of you have dreams of being a Doctor, lawyer. Dancer, Singer, Fashion designer and so on? What Famous civil rights leader had a dream and it came true? (Martin Luther King Jr.) On Aug 28th 1963, Martin Luther King Jr. had a Dream and wasn’t afraid to share that dream with the world because he believed in his Heart that one day that dream would come true! (This Month on Aug 28th would be 47 years since he made the famous “I have a Dream” speech)

4 STEPS TO REACHING YOUR DREAMS!

1. Knowledge is Power- the more you know, the farther you will go!

Ex. You need your education, pay attention in school, read more it stimulates your mind (ex: think about a flower in order for it to grow it has to be watered, that’s a prime example of your brain ,water it with knowledge and it will grow! Never stop learning!

Ex. Layla, she is 7 years old and she loves to draw, her dream is to become a fashion designer and open up a nail salon, I encourage her that she can do all that she dreams but I also keep her focused on her education because that is the stem of the flower , knowledge keeps you standing tall! – Remember: “The more you know, the farther you will go!”

2. Think Positive! Your thoughts- what you think alters who you are so always think Positive thoughts-I am special, I am smart, I will succeed, I am creative, I have talent, I will make Honor Role, I will past my Math Test, I am a Achiever!

3. Believe! You have to believe, to Achieve! – say “Yes I can instead of No I can’t” (Everyone knows who our President is right? Barack Obama, he believed that one day he would become president of the United States and he did, but before he believed, he had a “Dream”, it all starts with a dream.

4. Don’t be Afraid! –people or things may make you feel like you cant do what you would like to do, DON’T LET THEM!, keep Obama’s famous words in your head “YES I CAN” EX: I want to share with you an example of being afraid and actually not letting it stop me, Melody asked me to come and speak and I was so excited but then I became nervous and I told her, she said “ Don’t be nervous you will be fine” and I felt so much better, so sometimes you need people around you to encourage you (family, friends, teachers and so on)


In closing: My dream: I have a Dream to one day write for a fashion magazine and also own my own fashion marketing company because I love to create new ideas!

MLK JR. Activity: Go home and make a list called “I have a DREAM” Make a list of all the things that you believe you will one day do, just as Dr. King did! (You can have your mom, dad, sister, brother, aunt; uncle or whomever help you) Keep this list and add to it whenever you would like, “Dreams are endless, Never Stop Dreaming”

Thanks for inviting me to share my inspiration with YOU!



No comments:

Post a Comment