Friday, June 19, 2009

Four Stress Reliever Remedies for Moms' by: Ymm Karina

Being a single mom can be very overwhelming, doctor’s appointments, school functions, work, bills, finances and let’s not forget our children. But as the good book says 'God will never give you more than you can handle". This week has been extremely time consuming for me. Juggling work, a 5 year old, Home, deadlines and so forth; can put a major strain on your Mind, Body and Soul. I am a true believer in Peace & Serenity but living in a world where I may encounter the opposite, calls for some serious 'Self' therapy. Below are my Top 4 stress relievers for Moms in Motion!


1. Sleep- oh yes! The one thing I abuse more than anything. Lack of sleep causes energy loss, fatigue and moodiness. Which is a No No when having a child. Studies say the average amount of hours for proper sleep is 8. I myself consume 6 hours, shame on me! - But I'm working on it. Like most working moms we use the spare time at night to get the daily work done. Time to change those methods. Once the little ones are in bed follow their lead. It makes a big difference. You'll sleep, I mean You'll See! (Wink)


2. Peace-Quiet time is essential! Take a moment out of your day to meditate on the positive. As I mentioned prior, the world is full of negative energy which can easily rub off on your already tense mood. Sometimes during the way, I take a brief moment and just sit still, no thoughts, no movement. You can actually feel the world moving around you. It’s pleasantly tranquil!


3. Relaxation-Lights off, Scented Candles TUB! There nothing like an aromatherapy session. Once a week or accordingly to your leisure. Indulge in some' Me Time'. 'Bath and Body Works' Jasmine Vanilla Aromatherapy line is amazing. The Jasmine Absolute " relaxes the mind and inspires sexy self -confidence' while the Vanilla Absolute 'helps soothe and calm, so you feel at ease. I currently own two products from this line, the body lotion and the Sugar scrub. After I shower or bathe, I apply the all-over body lotion before I go to sleep. It’s like a bedtime story in a bottle!


4. Prayer-The Answer! All the questions, thoughts, worries and doubts that may hinder you. Leave it to HIM! As a young mom we tend to battle an excessive amount of obstacles -drama, sterotypes, finances, self-awarness etc. But we are not alone.’Let Go and Let GOD’.



Remember, in order to take care of another, you have to take care of YOURSELF first! -I hope these remedies help :)


From: one Mom to another :)

No comments:

Post a Comment